Hi, this is Mohit from Banaras. I am looking for admission to an IIT this year and therefore I’m preparing hard for the same. I have completed my 12th in the year 2015 with 86% marks. I am studying in JRS Tutorials banaras for JEE Main and Advanced 2016 preparation. Though, the coaching is providing proper study materials but I’m quite confused about the exact exam pattern of JEE Advanced 2016. Can anyone elaborate the same? I’ll be thankful.
Talking about the JEE Advanced 2016 exam pattern you can have a look on the details illustrated below.
• Only multiple choice objective types and numerical answer type questions will be asked in the exam. The questions paper is designed just to check analytical, reasoning and comprehension skill of candidates.
• Questions paper will be available in English as well Hindi language. However, candidates have to fill up the choice of questions paper language at the time of JEE Advanced 2016 registration. Under no circumstances candidates will be capable to change the question paper language once the registration process gets completed.
Now have a look on complete details of paper 1 and paper 2
• There will be two papers in the exam i.e. paper 1 and paper 2.
• There will be total 60 questions of 264 marks in paper 1 and 60 questions of 240 marks in paper 2.
• Questions will be from Physics Chemistry and Mathematics.
• There will be three sections section 1 (8 questions), section 2 (10 questions), section 3 (2 questions).
• In paper 1, 4 marks will be awarded for every correct answer of section 1 & 2 questions whereas for section 3 questions 2 marks will be awarded for every correct response.
• In paper 2, 4 marks will be awarded for every correct response.
• There will be negative marking rule applied for incorrect answers.
*No marks will be either awarded or deducted for mot-attempted questions.
Important Highlights of JEE Advanced 2016 ORS (Optical Response Sheet)
• Let’s talk about the JEE Advanced 2016 answer sheet; it’ll be a machine-readable ORS.
• Two-page ORS will be provided to candidates with similar lay-out.
• Candidates are strongly instructed that please don’t disturb the alignment of the two pages of the ORS at any stage and under any circumstance
• Black ball point pen should be used by candidates while darkening the bubbles.
This is what an overall view of JEE Advanced 2016 exam pattern.
This topic is temporarily closed due to a large number of community flags.